We have been talking for several articles about the advantages of making advertising on Facebook (Facebook Ads). This time we will focus on the campaigns that we can mount if your goal is conversion, that is, if what you are interested in is getting sales.
Previously, we have already talked about what Facebook Ads is and the other two types of objectives that we can find on this social platform. Here are the links to the contents, so you can refresh them:
This time we will focus on campaigns with the conversion goal that can be done within Facebook Ads.
Explanatory video about the conversion objective and the options it offers at the campaign level.
Conversion Campaigns within Facebook
So that conversion campaigns on Facebook are effective, we must be very aware of the conversion funnel and with what type of audience we work according to our objective.
The conversion funnel represents the phases through which the user goes from finding our product to buying it. This funnel is made up of three phases: TOFU (Top of the funnel), MOFU (middle of the funnel) and BOFU (bottom of the funnel).
- The TOFU it is the initial phase in the consumer journey. It begins when the user detects that they have a need and starts looking for information to solve it.
- In the phase of MOFU the consumer already knows what type of products or services can help meet their need and is evaluating the different options offered by the market.
- And finally, the BOFU It is the lowest part of the conversion funnel and is made up of users who have already considered all the options and are interested in purchasing our product specifically.
The Facebook campaigns aimed at conversion are focused on the audience that is in the BOFU, that is, in those who are already sure of what they need and are determined to acquire the product or service at any time … to whoever is presented as their best option.
1 # Campaign types for the Conversion goal
Facebook offers three types of campaigns to meet the conversion goal:
- Conversion: generate valuable actions on your website or app.
- Catalog Sales: create ads that show items from your catalog automatically based on your target audience.
- Visits in business: mShow the ads to those people who are near your physical establishments to encourage them to visit them.
2 # Segmentation for Conversion campaigns
There are different ways to segment on Facebook and for conversion campaigns, in the BOFU phase, we will focus on remarketing, creating segmentations based on the traffic to our website or on the users who perform a specific action within our app. For this, it is essential that we have correctly installed the Facebook pixels.
3 # Ad types
It is also important to decide well what type of ad we will use for our campaign and Facebook, for this, offers different options.
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
- Collection Ads
- Among other formats.
The decision on what type of ad to use in these campaigns does not follow any specific criteria, but is entirely our choice. It will basically depend on the type of content we have at hand and the objective of the campaign.
For example, if you are interested in making purchases in your ecommerce, you can announce specific discounts with limited times to encourage the consumer to buy at the moment. As in this Renfe-SNCF ad, where we see that they put the limited-time discount on the copy and on the image. On in the Shutterfly, where they announce that the discount has a limited time.
In short, to do Facebook advertising The first thing is to set a goal. The second thing is to be creative by making combinations between the different types of ad and campaigns and see which ones give us the best results to enhance them. Finally, it is important to do different tests until you find the formula that fits our brand, since a different thing works for each one.
In the next article, we’ll talk about the campaigns that use specific Audience Network location.