In our first article on Facebook Ads We have talked to you in general terms about: what it is, how it is used and the benefits of advertising on Facebook. If you want to read it, you can click here: “Facebook Ads: The Best Facebook Advertising Guide To Advertise”.
Instead, in this content we’ll start to dig a little deeper into Facebook’s marketing goals: specifically recognition goals.
Recognition campaigns on Facebook
Remember that Facebook shows your ads in the locations of different platforms: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram and Audience Network. And for messaging campaigns use WhatsApp.
The important thing is that we bear in mind that for campaigning in any of these platforms or applications we must start choosing the marketing objective within the Facebook advertising platform:
And depending on what your objective goal is, Facebook will offer you different sub objectives to make your advertising more effective. Among the 3 possible objectives, in this content we will delve into that of Recognition.
1 # The importance of the conversion funnel
In order for you to understand how recognition campaigns work on Facebook, it is important to understand what it is and what it consists of. the conversion funnel. You may already be familiar with this concept, but let’s make a brief paragraph to explain it again and refresh you.
The conversion funnel represents the phases the user goes through from finding your product to buying it. This funnel is made up of three phases: TOFU (Top of the funnel), MOFU (middle of the funnel) and BOFU (bottom of the funnel).
- TOFU is the initial phase in the consumer journey. Starts when the user detects that they have a need and start searching generic information to solve it. Interest in this phase is manifested with uncertainty because the user still does not have clear the possible solutions to their need.
- In the fase del MOFU the consumer you already know what kind of products or services can help you to satisfy your need and you are evaluating the different options offered by the market, including yours.
- And finally, en la etapa BOFU is the lowest part of the conversion funnel and is composed of the users who have already considered all available options that they have in the market and are interested in buying your product specifically.
The Facebook campaigns that have “Recognition” as their objective are focused on the audience that is at the top of the funnel, that is, on those who still don’t know you. The main objective of these campaigns is to get the greatest number of people to know you and for the public to begin to familiarize themselves with who you are and what you offer.
The true objective is to provide users with relevant and quality information through your ads and by this we do not necessarily mean to offer a product, but to show who you are, what you offer, your values and ways in which you can serve and help them. to meet your needs.
2 # Recognition campaigns
Facebook offers two types of campaigns to meet the recognition goal:
- The outreach campaign focuses on getting your ad to as many people as possible.
- The brand awareness campaign: It is a type of campaign that also serves to reach a large number of people, but unlike the outreach campaign, it focuses on the quality of the users it impacts, that is, the users who will potentially have more responses positive to your ads. The indicators that we must take into account in this type of campaign are: reach, impressions and frequency.
These two campaigns can help the public discover you and start interacting with your brand.
3 # Segmentation
Now the question is, How should you segment your Facebook recognition campaigns?
Segmentation is a crucial point to achieve marketing objectives on Facebook.
In recognition campaigns, you are interested in finding new users through a broad segmentation depending on different factors. In this phase you should never focus on closing a sale or on the conversion, but everything revolves around informing and making potential consumers fall in love. These are some of the aspects to consider:
- Generic demographics (such as age, gender, location, or language)
- Specific demographic data (such as education, household composition, birthday, job title …)
- Similar audiences or lookalike, starting from a personalized one of yours.
4 # Ad types
It is also important to decide well what type of ad will you use for your campaign. As you already know, Facebook offers several options such as:
- Ad with photo
- Video ad
- Collection ads
Deciding what type of ad to use does not follow any specific criteriabut it is totally a personal choice. It will basically depend on the type of content you have on hand and the type of campaign you are going to use.
For example, if you have a high-quality, very attractive and fun video that advertises your brand, it could work very well for you to use it as a video ad within an outreach campaign.
Or maybe you have some news about your business or sector that you want to share, then, in this case, perhaps the interesting thing is to launch an informative ad with a photo in a brand awareness campaign.
Conclusion about Facebook Ads and recognition campaigns
You must be patient, since success with these platforms is achieved by being creative, making different combinations of content more format and analyzing what works best for us. It is important to constantly test and analyze the results, since each brand is different and the strategy that works best on Facebook is continuous A / B testing.
With this article we have already taken the first step, which is to appear on Facebook, the network with the most users in the world. Thanks to its great scope, you will be able to start informing many people about your brand, what it offers and what it represents, and thus be conquering the audience that in the future will be your clients.
In the following article we will talk about the campaigns with the objective of consideration.